Vaginal Rejuvenation – ThermiVa
Many women are embracing their feminine wellness by improving how their bodies look, feel and function. With modern surgical and non-surgical techniques, even the most intimate parts of a body can be altered, refined and enhanced. A vaginal rejuvenation is a functional procedure which encompasses the tightening of the inner and outer muscles and structures of the vagina while enhancing vaginal muscle tone, strength and control. The latest FDA-approved treatment, ThermiVa, is a non-surgical, in-office procedure using heat to stimulate and repair the structural integrity of the vagina. Now women can regain their confidence and sensuality while feeling in control of their bodies.
When to Consider a Vaginal Rejuvenation
- If you experience diminish friction or sensation during intercourse
- If your vaginal structures have sagged and loss firmness due to age, childbirth or weight loss
- If you experience soreness or pain during sexual activity, bicycle or horse riding
Vaginal Rejuvenation Consultation
At The Graivier Center, we value our personal relationships with our patients. Each patient is treated as an individual, and as such, is given a personal consultation prior to any treatment. Dr. Graivier and his staff will meet with you to help you make decisions regarding which procedure(s) or treatment(s) will result in achieving your aesthetic goals. The consultation will conclude with a discussion about the desired treatment, your expectations, the benefits and risks associated with the treatment and post-treatment recovery.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Complementary Procedures
It is common practice for patients undergoing vaginal rejuvenation surgery to combine several procedures at once that will offer complementary or enhanced results. At The Graivier Center, we will take time to discuss all the risks and benefits of each surgery, whether you choose a single procedure or multiple.
Women considering vaginal rejuvenation may also want to consider the following:
- Vaginoplasty – tightening of the vagina
- Labiaplasty – reshaping of the labia
- Vulvaplasty – reshaping of the vulva
- ThermiVa – a non-surgical option to correct vaginal laxity
A vaginal rejuvenation surgery will result in a tighter vaginal canal and vaginal opening, which will lead to improved or enhanced sexual function.
During the one- to two-hour surgery, Dr. Graivier will decrease the vaginal diameter and surgically repair any damage caused by vaginal childbirth or aging using the latest advancements in technology.
In some cases, the damage to the vaginal walls and support tissues may be more extensive and actually affect the support of the pelvic organs such as the bladder, uterus and/or rectum. If this is the case, this foundation of support must be restored first.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Recovery
Following your vaginal rejuvenation surgery, you may experience mild swelling and discomfort.
A local block anesthesia will provide 18 to 24 hours of postoperative pain control.
Most patients return to work four to five days post-surgery.
You will be given specific instructions from The Graivier Center that may include:
- How to care for the surgical site and drains, if applicable
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid in healing and the progression of your recovery
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- Post-op follow-up appointment information