Mid-Life Refresh/Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover is a term used by many plastic surgeons to describe a combination of surgical cosmetic procedures designed to reverse the physical changes associated with childbearing and aging. At The Graivier Center, we prefer to call this a “Mid-Life Refresh.” Patients considering this refresh need to be finished with child bearing. It is strongly encouraged that patients not gain excessive weight following the procedure, but your core will be stronger and exercise will be easier.
When to Consider a Mid-Life Refresh
- If your pregnancy has negatively affected the size and shape of your breasts, leaving them sagging, uneven, decreased in volume, out of proportion with drooping nipples or stretched areolas
- If your stomach is sagging, has loose skin or stretch marks or your waistline has become thick or undefined
- If you had a C-section that left areas of fat hanging over your surgical scar
- If pockets of fat on your waist, abdomen, arms or thighs do not improve with diet and exercise
Mid-Life Refresh Consultation
At The Graivier Center, we value our personal relationships with our patients. Each patient is treated as an individual, and as such, is given a personal consultation prior to any treatment. Dr. Graivier and his staff will meet with you to help you make decisions regarding which procedure(s) or treatment(s) will result in achieving your aesthetic goals. The consultation will conclude with a discussion about the desired treatment, your expectations, the benefits and risks associated with the treatment and post-treatment recovery.
Mid-Life Refresh Complementary Procedures
A mid-life refresh surgery combines several procedures at once that will offer complementary or enhanced results. At The Graivier Center, we will take the time to walk potential patients through all of the risks and benefits of each surgery, whether you choose a single treatment or multiple treatments.
Patients undergoing a mid-life refresh can elect to combine the following procedures for enhanced results:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Breast reduction
- Facial skin resurfacing
- Laser hair removal
- Body contouring
Mid-Life Refresh Surgery Recovery
During your mid-life refresh surgery, dressings or bandages may be applied to your incisions. We recommend you wear compression garments to minimize swelling following surgery.
If necessary, a small, thin drainage tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess fluid.
You will be given specific instructions from The Graivier Center that may include:
- How to care for the surgical site and drains, if applicable
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid in healing and the progression of your recovery
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- Post-op follow-up appointment information