Cheek enhancement surgery is for patients who wish to augment their cheekbones so they appear more defined and projected by adding volume to areas that may be recessed or flat. Most of the time, cheek enhancement is achieved with fat grafting or injection of a thicker, more viscous filler such as Voluma, Radiesse or Lyft.
A cheek enhancement is an option in some patients. Cheek enhancement can improve the mid-facial contour and restore sagging mid-facial soft tissues, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Cheek Enhancement Consultation
At The Graivier Center, we value our personal relationships with our patients. Each patient is treated as an individual, and as such, is given a personal consultation prior to any treatment. Dr. Graivier and his staff will meet with you to help you make decisions regarding which procedure(s) or treatment(s) will result in achieving your aesthetic goals. The consultation will conclude with a discussion about the desired treatment, your expectations, the benefits and risks associated with the treatment and post-treatment recovery.
Cheek Enhancement Complementary Procedures
It is a common practice for patients undergoing cheek enhancement to combine several procedures at once that will offer complementary or enhanced results. At The Graivier Center, we will take the time to walk potential patients through all of the risks and benefits of each surgery, whether you choose a single treatment or multiple treatments.
Patients undergoing cheek enhancement with fat or fillers can elect to combine the following procedures for enhanced results:
- Fat grafting to other areas of the face: temporal areas, marionette lines, lips, nasolabial folds, radial lip lines
- Face/Neck lift (all patients who undergo face/neck lift get some fat grafting to contour cheeks)
- Facial laser resurfacing or fractioned laser therapy for melasma, scarring and facial wrinkles
- Brow lift
- Chin augmentation surgery
Cheek Implant Surgery
If cheek implants are elected, Dr. Graivier will place an inconspicuous incision intraorally (inside the mouth) or just under the lower eyelid. Through this incision, a pocket will be gently created where the implant will be placed and secured. The implant is made of a specially formed solid, biocompatible material and is designed to enhance or augment the physical structure of your face.
Cheek enhancement is distinctive from other cosmetic surgeries in several ways: multiple options, minimal surgical access can often be used to place the implants and results are often dramatic.
Cheek Enhancement Recovery
During your cheek enhancement, dressings may be applied to keep the surgical site clean and to support the position of the implant during initial healing once your procedure is finished.
When to Consider Cheek Enhancement
- If you wish to enhance the definition and fullness of your cheeks
- If you have deep smile lines that can get “overfilled” with filler alone
- If you wish to restore contour and proportion to your facial structures made deficient by aging
- If you wish to correct facial asymmetry or deformities resulting from injury or congenital conditions