Male Fat Injections
As we age, our skin begins to sag and our faces lose some of their youthful contours. For men, fat injections for esthetic enhancement of the face is an option to consider.
When to Consider Male Fat Injections
- If your cheeks have begun to hollow and shrink
- If your lower eyelids are sagging
- If you have lost some of your jawline definition
Male Fat Injections Consultation
At The Graivier Center, we value our personal relationships with our patients. Each patient is treated as an individual, and as such, is given a personal consultation prior to any treatment. Dr. Graivier and his staff will meet with you to help you make decisions regarding which procedure(s) or treatment(s) will result in achieving your aesthetic goals. The consultation will conclude with a discussion about the desired treatment, your expectations, the benefits and risks associated with the treatment and post-treatment recovery.
Male Fat Injection Procedure
Dr. Graivier will select the site for fat removal and inject a local anesthetic. Using a liposuction technique, the fat will be harvested and placed in the prepared area for augmentation. As the needle is inserted, a line of fatty tissue is deposited into the tissue. Not all fat injected will be retained, but the fat that does successfully transfer will be permanent.
Fat Injection Recovery
Following the procedure, you can expect mild to moderate swelling of the donor site and the augmented area.
You will need to wear a compression garment to minimize the swelling of the donor area.
Most patients can return to work in three to five days.
You will be given specific instructions from The Graivier Center that may include:
- How to care for the surgical site and drains, if applicable
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid in healing and the progression of your recovery
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- Post-op follow-up appointment information